super fluffy pancake recipe
If you’re looking for a pancake recipe that’s extra fluffy, this is the recipe for you! These pancakes are light, airy, and will melt in your mouth. Here’s a recipe that serves 4 people:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the baking powder to activate and create air pockets in the batter, resulting in extra fluffy pancakes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Once the pan is hot, lightly brush it with vegetable oil.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the hot skillet or griddle. Use the back of the measuring cup to gently spread the batter into an even layer.
- Cook until the edges of the pancake begin to set and the surface begins to bubble, about 2-3 minutes.
- Use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the other side is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, brushing the pan lightly with oil between batches.
- Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings.
- The key to super fluffy pancakes is to let the batter sit for a few minutes before cooking. This allows the baking powder to activate and create air pockets in the batter, resulting in extra fluffy pancakes.
- Don’t overmix the batter as this can lead to tough, dense pancakes. Mix the batter until it’s just combined and there are still some lumps.
- Use a nonstick pan or griddle to ensure that the pancakes don’t stick and cook evenly.
- Don’t press down on the pancakes while cooking as this can make them dense.
- Try adding in your favorite mix-ins, such as chocolate chips or blueberries, for extra flavor.
- If you want your pancakes to be even fluffier, you can separate the egg whites from the egg yolk and beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Then, fold the egg whites into the pancake batter before cooking.
Super fluffy pancakes are a breakfast favorite that are sure to please. Follow this recipe and use the tips provided for the best results. Customize the recipe with your favorite toppings and mix-ins, and enjoy a delicious breakfast!