pancakes for two
Introduction: Pancakes are a popular breakfast option for many people, but most recipes make enough to feed a small army. If you’re cooking for just two people, you don’t want to waste a lot of batter or end up with too many leftovers. In this article, we will provide a recipe and step-by-step instructions for making pancakes for two that will be the perfect amount for a cozy breakfast.
Ingredients: To make pancakes for two, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar until they are thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg until it is light and frothy. Add the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract, and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes to allow the baking powder to activate.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Lightly coat the pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter and pour it onto the pan. Cook until the edges start to look dry and the surface is covered in bubbles, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook for an additional minute, or until the other side is golden brown.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and place it on a plate. Repeat steps 6-7 until all the batter has been used up.
- Serve the pancakes with butter and syrup, or any other toppings of your choice.
Tips for Making Pancakes for Two:
- Adjust the recipe: If you want to make more or fewer pancakes, you can adjust the recipe accordingly. Just keep in mind that the proportions may change slightly.
- Use a smaller pan: Instead of using a large griddle or frying pan, use a smaller pan to cook the pancakes. This will make it easier to control the heat and ensure that the pancakes cook evenly.
- Halve the recipe: If you don’t want to have any leftover batter, you can halve the recipe and make just enough pancakes for two people.
- Keep the pancakes warm: If you’re making several pancakes, you can keep them warm in a low oven or on a warm plate while you finish cooking the rest.
- Add mix-ins: Just because you’re making pancakes for two doesn’t mean you can’t add some variety. Chocolate chips, blueberries, sliced bananas, or chopped nuts can all be added to the batter for extra flavor and texture.
Conclusion: Pancakes for two are a perfect option for a cozy breakfast with your significant other, roommate, or friend. By using quality ingredients, adjusting the recipe, using a smaller pan, keeping the pancakes warm, and adding mix-ins, you can create a delicious breakfast that will satisfy both of you without any waste. Remember to serve the pancakes with butter and syrup, or any other toppings of your choice, and enjoy!