pancakes for one
Introduction: Pancakes are a classic breakfast dish that many people enjoy, but most recipes yield more than one serving. Cooking just one pancake can be challenging, but it’s not impossible. In this article, we will provide a recipe and step-by-step instructions for making pancakes for one, so you can enjoy a delicious breakfast without any waste.
Ingredients: To make pancakes for one, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar until they are thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg until it is light and frothy. Add the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract, and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes to allow the baking powder to activate.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Lightly coat the pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter and pour it onto the pan. Cook until the edges start to look dry and the surface is covered in bubbles, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook for an additional minute, or until the other side is golden brown.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and place it on a plate.
- Serve the pancake with butter and syrup, or any other toppings of your choice.
Tips for Making Pancakes for One:
- Adjust the recipe: If you want to make more or fewer pancakes, you can adjust the recipe accordingly. Just keep in mind that the proportions may change slightly.
- Use a smaller pan: Instead of using a large griddle or frying pan, use a smaller pan to cook the pancake. This will make it easier to control the heat and ensure that the pancake cooks evenly.
- Halve the recipe: If you don’t want to have any leftover batter, you can halve the recipe and make just enough pancake for one person.
- Keep the pancake warm: If you’re making several pancakes, you can keep them warm in a low oven or on a warm plate while you finish cooking the rest.
- Add mix-ins: Just because you’re making pancakes for one doesn’t mean you can’t add some variety. Chocolate chips, blueberries, sliced bananas, or chopped nuts can all be added to the batter for extra flavor and texture.
Conclusion: Making pancakes for one may seem daunting, but with a little effort, you can create a delicious breakfast without any waste. By using quality ingredients, adjusting the recipe, using a smaller pan, keeping the pancake warm, and adding mix-ins, you can create a breakfast that will satisfy your cravings without any leftovers. Remember to serve the pancake with butter and syrup, or any other toppings of your choice, and enjoy!