Classic Pancake Recipe for Fluffy and Delicious Breakfast Treats
Introduction: Pancakes are a classic breakfast food that everyone loves. They are simple to make and can be customized to suit your preferences with toppings like butter, syrup, fruit, and whipped cream. In this article, we’ll share a classic pancake recipe that produces fluffy and delicious pancakes. With a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can have a stack of pancakes that will be sure to please.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract (if using).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. It’s okay if there are still a few lumps in the batter.
- Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes to allow the leavening agents to activate and the batter to hydrate.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Once hot, lightly grease with butter or oil.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the skillet or griddle, making pancakes that are about 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles form on the surface and the edges start to dry out, then flip them over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter or oil to the skillet or griddle as needed.
- Keep the cooked pancakes warm in a low oven (around 200 degrees Fahrenheit) until ready to serve.
- For even fluffier pancakes, separate the egg yolks and whites and beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Then fold the egg whites into the pancake batter just before cooking.
- Add cinnamon or nutmeg to the batter for a little extra flavor.
- Use a mix of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour for a healthier twist on classic pancakes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as butter, syrup, fruit, whipped cream, or chocolate chips.
Conclusion: With this classic pancake recipe, you can make fluffy and delicious pancakes that are sure to be a hit at breakfast time. By following the instructions and tips, you’ll be able to whip up a batch of pancakes that are light, airy, and full of flavor. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different toppings and mix-ins to create your own unique pancake creations.