pancake recipe for 1
Introduction: Pancakes are a classic breakfast dish that is loved by many. However, making a big batch of pancakes can be wasteful if you’re only cooking for yourself. This recipe for one serves up a delicious, fluffy pancake that is perfect for a solo breakfast.
Pancake Recipe for One: This recipe yields one pancake and takes about 10 minutes to make.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until they are thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Lightly coat the pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter and pour it onto the pan. Cook until the edges start to look dry and the surface is covered in bubbles, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook for an additional minute, or until the other side is golden brown.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and place it on a plate.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make your own by adding 1/2 teaspoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to 1/4 cup of milk. Let it sit for a few minutes before using.
- To add some flavor to your pancake, try adding a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg to the batter.
- If you want to keep your pancake warm while you cook the rest of your breakfast, place it on a plate in a warm oven (set to 200°F) until you’re ready to serve.
Conclusion: This pancake recipe for one is a quick and easy breakfast option that can be made with just a few simple ingredients. Feel free to experiment with different flours, sweeteners, and flavorings to make it your own. With this recipe, you can enjoy a delicious pancake without the waste of making a big batch.