mayonnaise pancakes recipe
The Unconventional Yet Delicious Mayonnaise Pancake Recipe
Introduction: Are you tired of the same old pancake recipe? Do you want to try something new and exciting? Look no further than mayonnaise pancakes! This unconventional recipe might sound strange, but the mayonnaise adds a creamy texture and tangy flavor that will take your pancakes to the next level. In this article, we’ll share a mayonnaise pancake recipe that is easy to make and will be sure to impress.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter or oil for cooking
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, mayonnaise, egg, and vanilla extract until well mixed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter, as this can result in tough pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Once hot, lightly grease with butter or oil.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the skillet or griddle, making pancakes that are about 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles form on the surface and the edges start to dry out, then flip them over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter or oil to the skillet or griddle as needed.
- Keep the cooked pancakes warm in a low oven (around 200 degrees Fahrenheit) until ready to serve.
- For a tangier flavor, use a flavored mayonnaise like chipotle or garlic aioli.
- Top the pancakes with sliced avocado and a drizzle of hot sauce for a savory twist.
- Add chocolate chips or blueberries to the batter for a sweet and fruity variation.
- Serve with a dollop of mayonnaise on top or a side of whipped cream.
Conclusion: Mayonnaise pancakes might seem like a strange concept, but once you try them, you’ll be hooked. This recipe is easy to make and produces pancakes that are creamy, tangy, and delicious. Don’t be afraid to get creative with toppings and mix-ins to make these pancakes your own. Give this unconventional recipe a try and discover a new favorite breakfast treat.