japanese fluffy pancake recipe easy
If you’re looking to try something different from the traditional pancake recipe, then you’ll love this Japanese fluffy pancake recipe. These pancakes are known for their light and airy texture, which is achieved by whipping egg whites to create a meringue-like batter. In this article, we’ll share an easy Japanese fluffy pancake recipe that will impress your taste buds and your friends.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Separate the egg whites and yolks into two mixing bowls.
- Add the 1/4 cup of sugar to the bowl with the egg yolks and whisk until well combined.
- Add the milk and vegetable oil to the bowl with the egg yolks and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the egg yolk mixture and mix until just combined.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until foamy.
- Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar to the egg whites and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the pancake batter in three batches, making sure to fold gently to prevent the batter from deflating.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over low to medium heat.
- Using a spoon or a pastry bag, spoon the pancake batter onto the pan in a round shape, approximately 3 inches in diameter.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the pancakes cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully flip the pancakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes until both sides are lightly browned.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings, such as butter, maple syrup, fruit, or whipped cream.
- Make sure to use room temperature eggs for best results.
- When whipping the egg whites, make sure that the bowl and beaters are completely clean and free of any grease or residue. Any contamination can prevent the egg whites from whipping to their fullest potential.
- It’s important to fold the egg whites gently into the pancake batter to prevent deflating the batter.
- If you don’t have cream of tartar, you can substitute it with lemon juice or white vinegar.
This Japanese fluffy pancake recipe is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a unique twist on a classic breakfast dish. With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can create pancakes that are light, fluffy, and absolutely delicious. Serve these pancakes for breakfast, brunch, or any time of day and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills. So give this recipe a try and enjoy the perfect fluffy pancake experience!