fluffy pancakes recipe for one
Fluffy pancakes are a delicious treat for any time of the day, and with the right recipe, you can make them in just the right quantity for one person. This recipe for fluffy pancakes for one is easy to follow and will yield a single serving of light, fluffy, and delicious pancakes that are perfect for a solo breakfast or brunch.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray or additional butter, for greasing the pan
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter, as this can lead to tough pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, lightly coat it with cooking spray or a small amount of butter.
- Use a 1/4-cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the pan. Cook until the edges of the pancake start to look dry and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side, or until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, making additional pancakes as desired.
- Serve the pancakes hot, topped with butter and your choice of syrup or other toppings.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make a substitute by adding 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to a measuring cup, then adding enough milk to reach the 1/2 cup mark. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes until it thickens and curdles slightly, then use as directed in the recipe.
- To keep the pancakes warm while you cook the remaining batter, place them in a preheated oven at 200°F (93°C) on a baking sheet or on a plate covered with foil.
- If you prefer your pancakes with a crispier exterior, you can add a bit of vegetable oil or melted butter to the pan before adding the batter.
- Feel free to customize the recipe by adding in your favorite mix-ins, such as chocolate chips, blueberries, or chopped nuts.
Making fluffy pancakes for one is easy and quick, and the result is a delicious and satisfying breakfast or brunch that’s perfect for a solo meal. This recipe is easy to follow and uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, making it a great option for a last-minute breakfast or whenever you’re craving a tasty pancake treat.