fluffy pancake recipe without baking powder
Fluffy Pancake Recipe Without Baking Powder: How to Make Delicious Pancakes Without a Leavening Agent
Introduction: If you’ve run out of baking powder or just don’t want to use it, don’t worry! You can still make fluffy and delicious pancakes without this leavening agent. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make pancakes without baking powder that are just as fluffy and tasty as traditional pancakes. So, let’s get started!
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Cooking spray or butter for greasing the pan
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and vegetable oil until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth and well combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter, as it can result in tough pancakes.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and let the batter rest for at least 10 minutes. This will help the batter become lighter and fluffier.
- Preheat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Grease the pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Use a small ladle or measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the pan. Use about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Make sure to leave enough space between each pancake, as they will expand as they cook.
- Cook the pancakes for about 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form on the surface and the edges start to look set.
- Use a spatula to carefully flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side, or until golden brown.
- Remove the pancakes from the pan and serve warm with your favorite toppings, such as fresh fruit, maple syrup, or jam.
- You can use any type of milk instead of cow’s milk, such as almond milk or soy milk.
- For a sweeter pancake, you can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the batter.
- To make chocolate pancakes, you can add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the dry ingredients and reduce the amount of flour by 2 tablespoons.
- To make the pancakes even fluffier, you can separate the egg white from the yolk and beat the egg white until stiff peaks form. Then, fold the egg white into the batter just before cooking the pancakes.
Conclusion: Making fluffy and delicious pancakes without baking powder is easy and tasty. With this recipe, you can make pancakes that are just as good as traditional pancakes without using this leavening agent. These pancakes are perfect for anyone who has run out of baking powder or wants to try something new. So, give this recipe a try and enjoy your baking powder-free pancakes with your favorite toppings!