fluffy pancake recipe with greek yogurt
Fluffy Pancake Recipe with Greek Yogurt for a High-Protein Breakfast
Pancakes are a classic breakfast dish that is enjoyed all around the world. While pancakes are usually made with flour, eggs, and milk, there are many ways to add a healthy twist to this favorite meal. One easy way to add some protein to your pancakes is by using Greek yogurt in the batter. Greek yogurt not only adds a tangy flavor but also provides a creamy texture and a boost of protein. In this article, we will share a fluffy pancake recipe with Greek yogurt that is perfect for a high-protein breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter or oil for cooking
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Add a small amount of butter or oil to the pan and let it heat up.
- Using a measuring cup or ladle, pour the pancake batter onto the pan in small circles. Make sure to leave some space between the pancakes to avoid them sticking together.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles start to form on the surface and the edges are set, about 2-3 minutes. Then, flip the pancakes over and cook the other side until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate and keep them warm in a low-temperature oven until ready to serve. You can also stack them on top of each other and cover them with a cloth to keep them warm.
Tips for making fluffy pancakes with Greek yogurt:
- Use full-fat Greek yogurt: Full-fat Greek yogurt has a higher protein content and adds richness and creaminess to the pancakes.
- Let the batter rest: Letting the batter rest for 10-15 minutes before cooking can give the flour time to absorb the liquid and make the pancakes fluffier.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can cause the pancakes to become tough and chewy. Mix the batter until just combined to avoid this.
- Adjust the consistency of the batter: If the batter is too thick, add a little more milk. If the batter is too thin, add a little more flour.
Adding Greek yogurt to your pancake batter is a simple way to add some protein to your breakfast. This fluffy pancake recipe with Greek yogurt is easy to make and provides a high-protein, filling breakfast that will keep you energized throughout the day. With just a few pantry staples and some basic cooking skills, you can make delicious and nutritious pancakes that will become a new breakfast favorite. So, try out this recipe and enjoy a healthy and satisfying breakfast!