fluffy pancake recipe whipped egg white
Fluffy Pancake Recipe with Whipped Egg Whites
If you’re looking for a pancake recipe that produces light, airy, and fluffy pancakes, then you might want to try incorporating whipped egg whites into the batter. Whipping egg whites separately and folding them into the pancake batter adds volume and makes the pancakes rise higher. In this article, we’ll share a recipe for fluffy pancakes with whipped egg whites, along with tips for making the perfect batch.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped egg whites, being careful not to overmix.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the griddle or skillet.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, then flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings, such as butter, syrup, fruit, or whipped cream.
- Be sure to beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form before folding them into the pancake batter. This will ensure that they add the maximum amount of volume and airiness to the pancakes.
- Use a gentle folding motion when incorporating the egg whites into the batter. Overmixing can deflate the egg whites and result in flatter pancakes.
- Make sure your griddle or skillet is hot before adding the batter. A hot surface will help the pancakes cook evenly and develop a golden brown crust.
- If you want to make these pancakes ahead of time, you can freeze them in an airtight container for up to 2 months. To reheat, simply pop them in the toaster or microwave until heated through.
Incorporating whipped egg whites into your pancake batter is an easy and delicious way to make your pancakes extra fluffy and light. This recipe produces pancakes that are tender, airy, and deliciously fluffy. With a few simple ingredients and steps, you can create pancakes that are sure to impress. So give this recipe a try and enjoy a delicious breakfast today!