fluffy pancake recipe in cups
detailed recipe for fluffy pancakes in cups that should yield delicious and fluffy pancakes:
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Butter or cooking spray for greasing the pan
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract (if using) until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. It’s okay if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Grease the pan with a small amount of butter or cooking spray.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure or ladle, pour the batter onto the pan, leaving space between each pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form on the surface and the edges start to look dry. Use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the pancake is golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings, such as butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or chocolate chips.
- To keep the pancakes warm while cooking the remaining batter, preheat your oven to 200°F and place the cooked pancakes on a baking sheet in the oven until ready to serve.
- Don’t overmix the batter, as this can result in tough pancakes. It’s okay if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- If you want your pancakes to be extra fluffy, separate the egg white from the yolk and beat the egg white until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg white into the batter just before cooking.
- To prevent the pancakes from sticking to the pan, use a non-stick pan or griddle, or grease the pan with butter or cooking spray before cooking each pancake.