fluffy pancake recipe grandma
Grandma’s Secret Fluffy Pancake Recipe for a Perfect Breakfast
Grandmothers always seem to have a special touch when it comes to cooking. Their recipes are passed down from generation to generation and are cherished by their families. In this article, we will share grandma’s secret fluffy pancake recipe that is sure to become a favorite in your family as well. This recipe uses simple ingredients and is easy to follow, making it perfect for beginners or those looking for a quick and delicious breakfast option.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Additional butter or oil, for cooking
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy. Add the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth and lump-free. Be careful not to overmix, as this can make the pancakes tough.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Add a small amount of butter or oil to the pan and let it heat up.
- Using a measuring cup or ladle, pour the pancake batter onto the pan in small circles. Make sure to leave some space between the pancakes to avoid them sticking together.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles start to form on the surface and the edges are set, about 2-3 minutes. Then, flip the pancakes over and cook the other side until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate and keep them warm in a low-temperature oven until ready to serve. You can also stack them on top of each other and cover them with a cloth to keep them warm.
Tips for making fluffy pancakes:
- Use room temperature ingredients: Using ingredients that are at room temperature will help them mix together more easily and make the pancakes fluffier.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can cause the pancakes to become tough and chewy. Mix the batter until just combined to avoid this.
- Use baking powder: Baking powder helps the pancakes rise and become fluffy. Make sure to use fresh baking powder that is not expired.
- Let the batter rest: Letting the batter rest for 10-15 minutes before cooking can give the flour time to absorb the liquid and make the pancakes fluffier.
Grandma’s secret fluffy pancake recipe is a simple and delicious way to start your day. This recipe is perfect for a lazy weekend breakfast or a quick weekday morning meal. With just a few pantry staples and some basic cooking skills, you can make fluffy pancakes that will be a hit with your family and friends. So, try out this recipe and make some fluffy pancakes that will become a family tradition for years to come.