fluffy pancake recipe good food
The Ultimate Fluffy Pancake Recipe by Good Food for a Perfect Breakfast
Good Food is a trusted source for delicious and easy-to-follow recipes that anyone can make at home. Their recipes are known for their simple ingredients and clear instructions that make cooking a breeze. In this article, we will share Good Food’s ultimate fluffy pancake recipe that is sure to impress your taste buds and make your mornings a little brighter.
This recipe uses everyday pantry staples and requires only a few minutes of preparation time, making it perfect for busy weekday mornings or lazy weekend brunches. Follow along with the step-by-step instructions and tips below to make the perfect fluffy pancakes every time.
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 200ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sunflower oil or butter, for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the self-raising flour, baking powder, and caster sugar until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy. Add the milk and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth and lump-free. Be careful not to overmix, as this can make the pancakes tough.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Add a small amount of sunflower oil or butter to the pan and let it heat up.
- Using a measuring cup or ladle, pour the pancake batter onto the pan in small circles. Make sure to leave some space between the pancakes to avoid them sticking together.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles start to form on the surface and the edges are set, about 2-3 minutes. Then, flip the pancakes over and cook the other side until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate and keep them warm in a low-temperature oven until ready to serve. You can also stack them on top of each other and cover them with a cloth to keep them warm.
Tips for making fluffy pancakes:
- Use room temperature ingredients: Using ingredients that are at room temperature will help them mix together more easily and make the pancakes fluffier.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can cause the pancakes to become tough and chewy. Mix the batter until just combined to avoid this.
- Use baking powder: Baking powder helps the pancakes rise and become fluffy. Make sure to use fresh baking powder that is not expired.
- Let the batter rest: Letting the batter rest for 10-15 minutes before cooking can give the flour time to absorb the liquid and make the pancakes fluffier.
Good Food’s ultimate fluffy pancake recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves pancakes. The recipe is simple and easy to follow, and the tips provided will help you achieve the perfect texture and taste every time. So, grab your ingredients and get ready to make some delicious fluffy pancakes for breakfast or brunch.