fluffy pancake recipe for 2
Quick and Easy Fluffy Pancake Recipe for Two: Perfect for Breakfast in Bed
Sometimes you don’t need a large batch of pancakes, just enough for two people to enjoy a delicious breakfast together. This quick and easy recipe for fluffy pancakes for two is perfect for those intimate breakfast moments or even breakfast in bed. With simple ingredients and easy steps, you can whip up a tasty breakfast in no time.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg until it is light and frothy.
- Add the milk and melted butter to the beaten egg and mix until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth. Do not overmix, as this can result in tough pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Grease the pan with butter or oil.
- Using a ladle, scoop the batter onto the pan. The size of the pancakes is up to you, but a quarter cup of batter will make a small pancake, and half a cup will make a larger pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and fluffy.
- Repeat the process until you have used up all the batter. You can keep the pancakes warm in a low oven until ready to serve.
Tips for Fluffy Pancakes for Two:
- Use room temperature ingredients: Room temperature ingredients mix better and can result in fluffier pancakes.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can result in tough pancakes. Mix until the batter is just combined, and there are no large lumps.
- Use a non-stick pan: A non-stick pan will prevent the pancakes from sticking and make flipping them easier.
- Don’t flatten the pancakes: When cooking the pancakes, resist the urge to press them down with a spatula. This can make them dense and less fluffy.
- Keep the pancakes warm: If you are making a large batch of pancakes, keep them warm in a low oven until ready to serve. For two pancakes, simply serve them immediately.
This quick and easy recipe for fluffy pancakes for two is perfect for a cozy breakfast in bed or an intimate breakfast for two. With just a few simple ingredients and easy steps, you can create a delicious and satisfying breakfast that will start your day off right. Remember to use room temperature ingredients, not overmix the batter, use a non-stick pan, and keep the pancakes warm until ready to serve. Enjoy your pancakes with your favorite toppings, such as butter, syrup, fruit, or whipped cream.