fluffy pancake recipe egg white
If you’re looking for a fluffy pancake recipe that uses egg whites, you’re in luck! This recipe uses whipped egg whites to create a light, airy texture that’s sure to impress. Follow these simple steps to make delicious, fluffy pancakes with egg whites.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- cooking spray or oil, for greasing
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and white sugar.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg yolks, and melted butter.
- Using an electric mixer or whisk, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. The batter should be thick and slightly lumpy.
- Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the batter using a spatula, being careful not to deflate the egg whites.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat. Grease the surface with cooking spray or oil.
- Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop the batter onto the griddle or skillet. Cook the pancakes until the edges start to dry and the surface is bubbly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the other side is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, greasing the surface as needed.
- Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings.
- Make sure to beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form for the best results.
- Folding the whipped egg whites into the batter gently is key to keeping the pancakes light and fluffy.
- You can add a splash of vanilla extract or a pinch of cinnamon to the batter for extra flavor.
- To keep your pancakes warm while you cook the rest of the batch, place them on a baking sheet in a 200°F oven until ready to serve.
- For a crispy texture, try using clarified butter or ghee instead of regular butter to grease the griddle or skillet.
- If the batter is too thick, you can add a splash of milk to thin it out.
By using whipped egg whites in this recipe, you can achieve a light and airy texture that’s perfect for pancakes. With a little practice, you can customize this recipe to your liking by adding your favorite toppings, such as fresh fruit, whipped cream, or maple syrup. So give this egg white fluffy pancake recipe a try and impress your family and friends with your pancake-making skills!