fluffy pancake recipe delia
Delia Smith is a renowned British chef and cookbook author who has shared many delicious recipes with her fans over the years. Here is a recipe for fluffy pancakes by Delia Smith:
- 6 oz (175g) self-raising flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5 fl oz (150 ml) milk
- 2 oz (50g) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Butter or oil, for greasing the pan
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the self-raising flour and baking powder. Stir in the caster sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until well-combined. Add the melted butter and whisk again.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Grease the pan with a small amount of butter or oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure or ladle, pour the batter onto the pan, leaving space between each pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form on the surface and the edges start to look dry. Use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the pancake is golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings, such as butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or chocolate chips.
- If you don’t have self-raising flour, you can make your own by combining 6 oz (175g) of all-purpose flour with 2 level teaspoons of baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- To keep the pancakes warm while cooking the remaining batter, preheat your oven to 200°F and place the cooked pancakes on a baking sheet in the oven until ready to serve.
- If you want your pancakes to be extra fluffy, separate the egg white from the yolk and beat the egg white until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg white into the batter just before cooking.
- To prevent the pancakes from sticking to the pan, use a non-stick pan or griddle, or grease the pan with butter or oil before cooking each pancake.
Delia Smith’s pancake recipe is straightforward and easy to follow, but it results in fluffy and delicious pancakes that are perfect for any occasion. Give it a try and enjoy!