fluffy pancake recipe calories
If you’re watching your calorie intake, you might be wondering if you can still indulge in your favorite fluffy pancake recipe. The good news is that with a few simple tweaks, you can make a lighter version of your favorite breakfast dish that won’t leave you feeling guilty. In this article, we’ll share a fluffy pancake recipe with fewer calories, complete with detailed instructions and tips for a healthier pancake.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vegetable oil until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix the batter as this will result in tough pancakes.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Once hot, scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Flip the pancakes once bubbles start to form on the surface.
- Once cooked, remove the pancakes from the skillet and serve hot with your favorite toppings such as fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, or a drizzle of honey.
- To reduce the calorie count even further, you can substitute the all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend.
- Use a non-stick skillet or griddle to prevent the pancakes from sticking to the surface without having to use additional oil or butter.
- To add more fiber to your pancakes, you can mix in some oats or chia seeds to the batter.
- To keep the pancakes warm while you finish cooking the rest of the batch, place them on a baking sheet in a 200°F oven.
If you follow this recipe exactly and make eight pancakes, each pancake will contain approximately:
- 85 calories
- 1.5g fat
- 14g carbohydrates
- 2.5g protein
- 1g fiber
- 3g sugar
With a few simple substitutions and tweaks, you can enjoy a delicious and fluffy pancake breakfast without the guilt. This recipe provides a healthier option without sacrificing taste or texture. Follow these tips and enjoy this low-calorie version of your favorite breakfast dish. So grab your mixing bowl and whisk and get ready to make the best light and fluffy pancakes you’ve ever tasted!