fluffy pancake recipe blueberry
Blueberry pancakes are a classic breakfast dish that is loved by many. The sweet and tart blueberries combined with fluffy pancake batter make for a delicious and satisfying meal. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make the perfect blueberry pancakes that are light, fluffy, and bursting with juicy blueberries.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the skillet or griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface and the edges begin to look dry, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter or oil to the skillet or griddle as needed.
- Serve hot with maple syrup, whipped cream, or additional blueberries.
Tips for Making the Best Blueberry Pancakes:
- Use fresh or frozen blueberries. If using frozen, do not thaw them before adding to the batter.
- Mix the batter until just combined. Overmixing can lead to tough and chewy pancakes.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes before cooking. This allows the baking powder in the batter to fully activate and creates a fluffier texture.
- Heat the skillet or griddle before adding the batter. This ensures that the pancakes cook evenly.
- Use a non-stick skillet or griddle. This prevents the pancakes from sticking and allows them to cook evenly.
- Keep the pancakes warm while you cook the rest. Place them on a baking sheet in a 200°F oven to keep them warm and fluffy.
- Substitute other fruits for the blueberries, such as strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries.
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to the batter for a seasonal twist.
- Use almond or coconut milk for a dairy-free version of the recipe.
- Top with a homemade blueberry sauce for an extra burst of flavor.
These fluffy blueberry pancakes are a perfect breakfast or brunch dish that everyone will love. The combination of sweet blueberries and fluffy pancake batter is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. With just a few simple ingredients and tips, you can make delicious and fluffy blueberry pancakes in no time. So go ahead and whip up a batch for a tasty and satisfying meal!