fluffy pancake recipe bisquick
Bisquick is a pantry staple that many people turn to when they want to make quick and easy meals. One of the most popular recipes using Bisquick is for fluffy pancakes. If you’re looking for a delicious breakfast or brunch recipe, this Bisquick pancake recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Bisquick mix, milk, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until the batter is smooth and slightly lumpy.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the pan or griddle. Use a spoon or spatula to spread the batter into a round shape.
- Cook the pancake until bubbles form on the surface and the edges begin to look dry, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan or griddle as needed.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, whipped cream, or fresh fruit.
Tips for Making the Best Bisquick Pancakes:
- Use cold ingredients. Cold milk and eggs will help the pancakes rise and become fluffy.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes before cooking. This allows the baking powder in the Bisquick mix to fully activate and creates a fluffier texture.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can lead to tough and chewy pancakes. Whisk the batter until just combined and slightly lumpy.
- Use a non-stick pan or griddle. This will prevent the pancakes from sticking and allow them to cook evenly.
- Cook the pancakes on medium heat. Cooking on high heat will cause the pancakes to cook too quickly and not rise properly.
- Keep the pancakes warm while you cook the rest. Place them on a baking sheet in a 200°F oven to keep them warm and fluffy.
- Add blueberries or chocolate chips to the batter for a delicious twist on traditional pancakes.
- Substitute some of the milk for buttermilk for a tangier flavor and even fluffier texture.
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to the batter for a seasonal twist.
- Use almond or coconut milk for a dairy-free version of the recipe.
This Bisquick pancake recipe is a classic and reliable way to make fluffy and delicious pancakes in no time. With just a few simple ingredients and tips, you can have a hot stack of pancakes ready for breakfast, brunch, or even dessert. Whether you stick with the classic toppings or get creative with your own, these pancakes are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. So go ahead and whip up a batch for a tasty and satisfying meal!