fluffy pancake recipe bbc
If you’re looking for a fluffy pancake recipe with a British twist, the BBC has a recipe that is both easy to follow and delicious. In this article, we will provide you with a detailed recipe for BBC’s fluffy pancake recipe along with helpful tips and tricks to ensure your pancakes turn out light, fluffy, and perfect every time.
- 135g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter or vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the self-raising flour, baking powder, salt, and caster sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and melted butter or vegetable oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix, as this will result in tough and dense pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add a small amount of butter or vegetable oil.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the hot pan. Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake, then flip and cook until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter or oil to the pan as needed.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings, such as syrup, butter, fruit, or cream.
- For extra fluffiness, try separating the egg and beating the egg white separately until stiff peaks form. Then fold the egg white into the batter before cooking.
- To keep your pancakes warm while cooking the rest of the batch, place them on a baking sheet in a preheated 200°F oven.
- If you don’t have self-raising flour, you can make your own by mixing 135g of plain flour with 1 tsp of baking powder.
- For extra flavor, try adding lemon zest, vanilla extract, or cinnamon to the batter before cooking.
BBC’s fluffy pancake recipe is a classic and reliable recipe that produces light and fluffy pancakes every time. With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can whip up a delicious breakfast or brunch in no time. Whether you’re serving them with traditional toppings like syrup and butter or getting creative with fruit, nuts, or cream, these pancakes are sure to be a hit. So why not give them a try and impress your family and friends with your pancake-making skills!