fluffy pancake recipe baking soda
Baking soda is an essential ingredient in many pancake recipes. It helps the pancakes to rise and become light and fluffy. In this recipe, we will show you how to make delicious and fluffy pancakes using baking soda as the leavening agent. These pancakes are easy to make and perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the skillet or griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface and the edges begin to look dry, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter or oil to the skillet or griddle as needed.
- Serve hot with maple syrup, whipped cream, or your favorite toppings.
Tips for Making the Best Baking Soda Pancakes:
- Use fresh ingredients. Fresh flour, baking soda, and baking powder will yield the best results.
- Mix the batter until just combined. Overmixing can lead to tough and chewy pancakes.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes before cooking. This allows the baking powder and baking soda in the batter to fully activate and creates a fluffier texture.
- Heat the skillet or griddle before adding the batter. This ensures that the pancakes cook evenly.
- Use a non-stick skillet or griddle. This prevents the pancakes from sticking and allows them to cook evenly.
- Keep the pancakes warm while you cook the rest. Place them on a baking sheet in a 200°F oven to keep them warm and fluffy.
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg to the batter for a spicy twist.
- Substitute almond milk or coconut milk for regular milk for a dairy-free version of the recipe.
- Add fresh or frozen berries to the batter for a burst of flavor.
- Top with a homemade fruit compote or whipped cream for a special treat.
Baking soda is an important ingredient in pancake batter, and it helps the pancakes to rise and become light and fluffy. By following these simple tips and using fresh ingredients, you can make delicious and fluffy pancakes using baking soda as the leavening agent. Whether you serve them with maple syrup, fresh fruit, or whipped cream, these pancakes are sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So go ahead and try this recipe today for a tasty and satisfying breakfast or brunch!