fluffy pancake recipe aunt jemima
Fluffy Aunt Jemima Pancake Recipe
Aunt Jemima pancake mix is a classic favorite for many pancake lovers. With a few extra ingredients and a bit of technique, you can take your Aunt Jemima pancakes to the next level of fluffiness. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make fluffy Aunt Jemima pancakes that will have your taste buds singing.
- 2 cups Aunt Jemima Original pancake mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pancake mix and sugar until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the baking powder to activate and create air pockets in the batter, resulting in extra fluffy pancakes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, lightly brush it with vegetable oil or coat it with cooking spray.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the hot skillet or griddle. Use the back of the measuring cup to gently spread the batter into an even layer.
- Cook until the edges of the pancake begin to set and the surface begins to bubble, about 2-3 minutes.
- Use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the other side is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, brushing the pan lightly with oil between batches.
- Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings such as butter, syrup, whipped cream, or fresh fruit.
- For even fluffier pancakes, separate the egg yolk and egg white. Whisk the egg yolk in with the wet ingredients and beat the egg white in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg white into the batter just before cooking.
- Don’t overmix the batter as this can lead to tough, dense pancakes. Mix the batter until it’s just combined and there are still some lumps.
- Use a nonstick pan or griddle to ensure that the pancakes don’t stick and cook evenly.
- Don’t press down on the pancakes while cooking as this can make them dense.
This fluffy Aunt Jemima pancake recipe is a delicious and easy way to enjoy a classic breakfast staple. With a few simple ingredients and techniques, you can take your pancakes to the next level of fluffiness. Customize the recipe with your favorite toppings and enjoy a breakfast or brunch that will leave you satisfied and happy.