fluffy pancake recipe almond flour
Fluffy Almond Flour Pancake Recipe
If you’re looking for a gluten-free and low-carb pancake recipe, these fluffy almond flour pancakes are a great option. They are made with almond flour instead of wheat flour, which gives them a nutty flavor and a tender, fluffy texture. This recipe makes about 8-10 pancakes and can easily be doubled to feed a larger crowd.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, melted butter or coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the almond flour to absorb the liquid and create air pockets in the batter, resulting in extra fluffy pancakes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, lightly brush it with vegetable oil or coat it with cooking spray.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the hot skillet or griddle. Use the back of the measuring cup to gently spread the batter into an even layer.
- Cook until the edges of the pancake begin to set and the surface begins to bubble, about 2-3 minutes.
- Use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the other side is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, brushing the pan lightly with oil between batches.
- Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings, such as butter, syrup, whipped cream, or fresh fruit.
- Almond flour can vary in texture, so make sure to use a finely ground almond flour for best results.
- Don’t overmix the batter as this can lead to tough, dense pancakes. Mix the batter until it’s just combined and there are still some lumps.
- Use a nonstick pan or griddle to ensure that the pancakes don’t stick and cook evenly.
- Don’t press down on the pancakes while cooking as this can make them dense.
- For extra flavor, you can add 1/4 tsp of almond extract to the batter.
These almond flour pancakes are a great gluten-free and low-carb alternative to regular pancakes. Follow the recipe and use the tips provided for the best results. Customize the recipe with your favorite toppings and enjoy a delicious and healthy breakfast or brunch!