easy fluffy pancake recipe uk
If you’re in the UK and looking for an easy and delicious pancake recipe that’s light and fluffy, this is the recipe for you! This recipe serves 4 people and can be customized with your favorite toppings and mix-ins.
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the self-raising flour, baking powder, caster sugar, and a pinch of salt until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the baking powder to activate and create air pockets in the batter, resulting in extra fluffy pancakes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Once the pan is hot, lightly brush it with vegetable oil.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the hot skillet or griddle. Use the back of the measuring cup to gently spread the batter into an even layer.
- Cook until the edges of the pancake begin to set and the surface begins to bubble, about 2-3 minutes.
- Use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the other side is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, brushing the pan lightly with oil between batches.
- Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings.
- The key to fluffy pancakes is to let the batter sit for a few minutes before cooking. This allows the baking powder to activate and create air pockets in the batter, resulting in extra fluffy pancakes.
- Don’t overmix the batter as this can lead to tough, dense pancakes. Mix the batter until it’s just combined and there are still some lumps.
- Use a nonstick pan or griddle to ensure that the pancakes don’t stick and cook evenly.
- Don’t press down on the pancakes while cooking as this can make them dense.
- Try adding in your favorite mix-ins, such as chocolate chips or blueberries, for extra flavor.
This easy and delicious pancake recipe is perfect for a quick breakfast or brunch. Follow the recipe and use the tips provided for the best results. Customize the recipe with your favorite toppings and mix-ins, and enjoy a delicious breakfast!