easy fluffy pancake recipe south africa
How to Make Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes in South Africa: A Step-by-Step Guide
Are you looking for a delicious and easy pancake recipe that yields fluffy, light and airy pancakes every time? Look no further! In this article, we’ll share with you a simple yet scrumptious pancake recipe that will make your mornings brighter and your taste buds happy. This recipe is perfect for beginners and takes only a few minutes to whip up. Let’s get started!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Whisk until well combined and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg until fluffy. Add in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract, and mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter, as this can result in tough and dense pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Scoop a quarter cup of the pancake batter onto the pan for each pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancakes. Flip the pancakes over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the pancakes from the pan and place them on a plate. Repeat the process until all the batter is used up.
- Serve the pancakes warm with your favourite toppings, such as syrup, whipped cream, berries, or chocolate chips.
Tips for Fluffy Pancakes:
- Use fresh ingredients: Make sure that your flour, baking powder, and other ingredients are fresh and not expired. This can affect the texture and flavour of your pancakes.
- Don’t overmix the batter: As mentioned earlier, overmixing the batter can lead to tough and dense pancakes. Stir the ingredients together until just combined, leaving a few lumps is fine.
- Let the batter rest: Allow the batter to rest for 5-10 minutes before cooking. This allows the baking powder to activate and helps the pancakes to rise.
- Use a non-stick pan: A non-stick pan will ensure that your pancakes don’t stick to the pan and that they cook evenly.
- Use a quarter cup to scoop the batter: Using a measuring cup to scoop the batter will help ensure that your pancakes are the same size and cook evenly.
- Adjust the heat: If your pancakes are cooking too quickly or not cooking enough, adjust the heat of your stove. You want the pancakes to cook through without burning.
Making fluffy pancakes is easy, and with this recipe, you can make them in the comfort of your own home. Whether you’re making pancakes for breakfast or brunch, this recipe is sure to be a hit. Remember to use fresh ingredients, don’t overmix the batter, let it rest, use a non-stick pan, and adjust the heat as needed. With these tips and tricks, you’ll have perfect pancakes every time!