easy fluffy pancake recipe self raising flour
Fluffy Pancake Recipe Using Self-Raising Flour: A Simple and Delicious Breakfast
Pancakes are a classic breakfast dish that everyone loves. They are easy to make and versatile, as you can add different toppings and flavors to suit your taste. If you’re looking for a simple and delicious pancake recipe that uses self-raising flour, then you’ve come to the right place. This recipe will guide you through the process of making light, fluffy pancakes that will make your taste buds sing.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the self-raising flour, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until they are light and frothy.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the beaten eggs and mix until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth. Do not overmix, as this can result in tough pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Grease the pan with butter or oil.
- Using a ladle, scoop the batter onto the pan. The size of the pancakes is up to you, but a quarter cup of batter will make a small pancake, and half a cup will make a larger pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and fluffy.
- Repeat the process until you have used up all the batter. You can keep the pancakes warm in a low oven until ready to serve.
Tips for Fluffy Pancakes:
- Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing the batter can result in tough pancakes. Mix until the batter is just combined, and there are no large lumps.
- Use a non-stick pan: A non-stick pan will prevent the pancakes from sticking and make flipping them easier.
- Don’t flatten the pancakes: When cooking the pancakes, resist the urge to press them down with a spatula. This can make them dense and less fluffy.
- Keep the pancakes warm: If you are making a large batch of pancakes, keep them warm in a low oven until ready to serve. This will prevent them from getting cold and tough.
Making fluffy pancakes using self-raising flour is easy and delicious. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking techniques, you can create a breakfast dish that will satisfy your cravings. Remember to not overmix the batter, use a non-stick pan, and keep the pancakes warm until ready to serve. Enjoy your pancakes with your favorite toppings, such as butter, syrup, fruit, or whipped cream.