cracker barrel fluffy pancake recipe
Certainly, here’s a detailed recipe for fluffy pancakes from Cracker Barrel that should yield delicious and fluffy pancakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Butter or cooking spray for greasing the pan
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, vegetable oil, and eggs until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. It’s okay if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Grease the pan with a small amount of butter or cooking spray.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure or ladle, pour the batter onto the pan, leaving space between each pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form on the surface and the edges start to look dry. Use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the pancake is golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings, such as butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or chocolate chips.
- To keep the pancakes warm while cooking the remaining batter, preheat your oven to 200°F and place the cooked pancakes on a baking sheet in the oven until ready to serve.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make a substitute by combining 2 cups of milk with 2 tablespoons of white vinegar or lemon juice. Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes until it thickens and curdles before using in the recipe.
- Don’t overmix the batter, as this can result in tough pancakes. It’s okay if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- To prevent the pancakes from sticking to the pan, use a non-stick pan or griddle, or grease the pan with butter or cooking spray before cooking each pancake.