best fluffy pancake recipe
happy to provide you with a recipe for the best fluffy pancakes! Pancakes are a breakfast classic that are loved by many, and the secret to making them fluffy lies in a few key ingredients and techniques. This recipe yields pancakes that are light, fluffy, and delicious, and it serves 4 people.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter or oil for greasing the pan
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. It’s important not to overmix the batter, as this can result in tough, flat pancakes.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, grease it lightly with butter or oil.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the hot griddle or skillet. Cook until the edges of the pancake begin to dry and the surface begins to bubble, about 2-3 minutes.
- Use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the other side is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, greasing the pan lightly between batches as needed.
- Serve the pancakes warm with butter and syrup, or your favorite toppings.
- To keep the pancakes warm while you cook the rest of the batter, place them on a baking sheet in a 200°F oven until ready to serve.
- For extra fluffy pancakes, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the beaten egg whites into the batter just before cooking.
- Don’t overmix the batter! Stirring too much can develop gluten in the flour and lead to tough, flat pancakes.
- If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make your own by adding 2 tablespoons of white vinegar or lemon juice to 2 cups of milk. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes until it curdles, and then use as directed.
With this recipe, you can make the best fluffy pancakes right at home! By using the right ingredients and techniques, you can achieve pancakes that are light, fluffy, and absolutely delicious. Serve them up with your favorite toppings for a breakfast that will be loved by all. Enjoy!