best fluffy pancake recipe buttermilk
If you’re a fan of buttermilk pancakes, then you know that they are the ultimate in fluffy pancake perfection. The tangy flavor and acidic properties of buttermilk create a light and airy texture in the pancakes that is hard to beat. In this article, we’ll share with you the best fluffy pancake recipe that uses buttermilk to achieve that perfect texture.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter, as this can result in tough and dense pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the hot frying pan.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on one side, or until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake.
- Flip the pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the pancake is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot with your favorite pancake toppings, such as maple syrup, whipped cream, or fresh fruit.
Tips for making the perfect buttermilk pancakes:
- Use fresh baking powder and baking soda to ensure that the pancakes rise properly.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together thoroughly to ensure that the baking powder and baking soda are evenly distributed.
- Use real buttermilk, not a substitute, for the best flavor and texture.
- Whisk the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter together thoroughly to create a smooth, pourable batter.
- Use a non-stick frying pan to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the frying pan, so that all the pancakes are the same size.
- Don’t flip the pancakes too soon, as this can cause them to break apart. Wait until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake before flipping.
- Use a spatula to flip the pancakes, and be gentle so that they don’t break apart.
- Serve the pancakes hot, straight from the frying pan.
Why this recipe works:
This recipe works because it uses real buttermilk, which has a tangy flavor and acidic properties that create a light and fluffy texture in the pancakes. The combination of all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar creates a pancake batter that rises beautifully when cooked. The addition of melted butter adds richness to the pancakes, while the eggs and buttermilk help to bind the ingredients together and create a smooth, pourable batter.
By whisking the dry ingredients together first, the baking powder and baking soda are evenly distributed throughout the batter, ensuring that the pancakes rise evenly. Whisking the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter together thoroughly helps to create a smooth, pourable batter that is easy to work with. Cooking the pancakes over medium-high heat ensures that they cook evenly and develop a golden-brown crust, while flipping the pancakes at the right time helps to create a crispy exterior.
Overall, this fluffy pancake recipe that uses buttermilk is perfect for anyone looking to make delicious and fluffy pancakes at home. With its simple ingredients, easy instructions, and