best fluffy pancake recipe buttermilk
Looking for the perfect buttermilk pancake recipe? Look no further than this delicious and easy-to-follow recipe that yields the fluffiest, most mouthwatering pancakes you’ll ever taste. Buttermilk is the secret ingredient that makes these pancakes so light and fluffy, while also adding a tangy flavor that perfectly complements your favorite toppings. With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, this recipe is perfect for both novice and experienced cooks alike.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract (if using) until fully combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter as this can result in tough and dense pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the hot surface.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on one side, or until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake.
- Flip the pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the pancake is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, butter, fresh berries, whipped cream, or even a dollop of peanut butter.
Tips for making the perfect buttermilk pancakes:
- Use fresh baking powder and baking soda to ensure that your pancakes rise properly.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together thoroughly to ensure that the baking powder and baking soda are evenly distributed.
- Use real buttermilk, not a substitute, for the best flavor and texture.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together thoroughly to create a smooth, pourable batter.
- Use a non-stick frying pan or griddle to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the frying pan or griddle, so that all the pancakes are the same size.
- Don’t flip the pancakes too soon, as this can cause them to break apart. Wait until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake before flipping.
- Use a spatula to flip the pancakes, and be gentle so that they don’t break apart.
- Serve the pancakes hot, straight from the frying pan or griddle.
Why this recipe works:
This recipe works so well because it uses real buttermilk, which has a tangy flavor and acidic properties that create a light and fluffy texture in the pancakes. The combination of all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt creates a pancake batter that rises beautifully when cooked. The addition of melted butter adds richness to the pancakes, while the eggs and buttermilk help to bind the ingredients together and create a smooth, pourable batter.
By whisking the dry ingredients together first, the baking powder and baking soda are evenly distributed throughout the batter, ensuring that the pancakes rise evenly. Whisking the wet ingredients together thoroughly helps to create a smooth, pourable batter that is easy to work with. Cooking the pancakes over medium-high heat ensures that they cook evenly and develop a