bbc fluffy pancake recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and foolproof fluffy pancake recipe, the BBC Good Food recipe is a great option. With simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, these pancakes are sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any breakfast table. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Butter or oil, for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the self-raising flour and baking powder. Add the caster sugar and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth and well combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can lead to tough, dense pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add a small amount of butter or oil to the pan to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the hot frying pan. Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake.
- Flip the pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until the pancake is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot with your favorite pancake toppings, such as maple syrup, whipped cream, or fresh fruit.
Tips for making the perfect fluffy pancakes:
- Use self-raising flour and baking powder to create a light and fluffy pancake batter.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract together before adding them to the dry ingredients to ensure that the batter is well mixed.
- Use a non-stick frying pan to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the pancake batter onto the frying pan, so that all the pancakes are the same size.
- Don’t flip the pancakes too soon, as this can cause them to break apart. Wait until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake before flipping.
- Use a spatula to flip the pancakes, and be gentle so that they don’t break apart.
- Serve the pancakes hot, straight from the frying pan.
Why this recipe works:
The BBC Good Food fluffy pancake recipe is a great choice because it uses simple ingredients that are easy to find in most supermarkets. The combination of self-raising flour and baking powder creates a light and fluffy pancake batter that rises beautifully when cooked. The addition of caster sugar adds sweetness to the pancakes, while the eggs and milk help to bind the ingredients together and create a smooth, pourable batter.
By whisking the wet ingredients together separately before adding them to the dry ingredients, the pancake batter is evenly distributed and mixed thoroughly without overmixing. Cooking the pancakes over medium heat ensures that they cook evenly and don’t burn on the bottom, while flipping the pancakes at the right time helps to create a golden brown, crispy exterior.
Overall, the BBC Good Food fluffy pancake recipe is a great option for anyone looking to make delicious and fluffy pancakes at home. With its simple ingredients, easy instructions, and fluffy results, it’s a recipe that you’ll want to make again and again. So, grab your ingredients and get cooking!