amazing fluffy pancake recipe
Looking for an amazing fluffy pancake recipe that will leave you and your family wanting more? Look no further! This recipe will show you how to make the fluffiest, most delicious pancakes you’ve ever tasted.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; the batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the pan or griddle. Use a spoon or spatula to spread the batter into a round shape.
- Cook the pancake until bubbles form on the surface and the edges begin to look dry, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook until the other side is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes more.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter or oil to the pan or griddle as needed.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, whipped cream, or fresh fruit.
Tips for Making the Best Fluffy Pancakes:
- Use buttermilk instead of regular milk. Buttermilk is more acidic and reacts with the baking soda to create a light and fluffy texture.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can lead to tough and chewy pancakes. Whisk the batter until just combined and slightly lumpy.
- Let the batter rest for a few minutes before cooking. This allows the baking powder and baking soda to fully activate and creates a fluffier texture.
- Use a non-stick pan or griddle. This will prevent the pancakes from sticking and allow them to cook evenly.
- Don’t flip the pancake too early. Wait until bubbles have formed on the surface and the edges begin to look dry before flipping.
- Keep the pancakes warm while you cook the rest. Place them on a baking sheet in a 200°F oven to keep them warm and fluffy.
With this amazing fluffy pancake recipe, you’ll be able to create the most delicious and satisfying pancakes that you and your family will love. Follow these tips and tricks to ensure your pancakes turn out light, fluffy, and perfect every time. So go ahead and treat yourself to a stack of these amazing pancakes for breakfast, brunch, or any time of day!